The ceramic material known as silicon nitride is an all-round talent in the technical ceramics arena. With its great strength and fracture toughness, very good thermal shock resistance and excellent wear and impact resistance, silicon nitride is ideal for a wide range of applications. But there’s more to this material than that. Its low-density and great strength also enable optimal implementation of lightweight structures. A huge benefit for the aerospace industry, and many more industry sectors. We can offer you various qualities of StarCeram N – according to your individual requirements.
You are interested in silicon nitride or have further questions about the material?
Sintered silicon nitride (Si3N4) – the advantages
- Very good strength up to high temperature ranges (>1200°C)
- Excellent wear and impact resistance
- High hardness
- Fracture toughness
- Low thermal expansion
- Relatively low thermal conductivity
- Very good thermal shock resistance
- Very good chemical resistance
- Electrically conductive material available (Grade E)