Components made from zirconium oxide can withstand the highest of loads. Its high strength and low thermal conductivity are just two of the properties that make this material so distinctive. Zirconium oxide is also versatile when it comes to metal-ceramic bonding. This feature, together with our expertise in bonding technology, enables the production of components for specific applications. Zirconium oxide is thus ideal for use in the most varied of industries, from machine and plant engineering to the oil and gas industry. The material is particularly well-suited for application in medical technology, for example in dental ceramics as blanks (zirconium oxide blanks and discs). The material properties of our StarCeram Z make it the ideal ceramic material.
You are interested in zirconium oxide or have further questions about the material?
Zirconium oxide (ZrO2) – the advantages
- Very high fracture toughness
- Very high bending and tensile strength
- High wear resistance
- High compressive strength
- Very low thermal conductivity
- Thermal expansion similar to cast iron
- Modulus of elasticity comparable to steel
- Oxygen ion conductivity
- Very good tribological properties
- Excellent surface finish and sharp edges possible